Please help us STOP child abuse and neglect. If you suspect child abuse or neglect is occurring, call the Child Abuse/Neglect Hotline at 1-855-323-3237. Call 911 first if a child is in immediate danger. To learn more about child abuse, click here.
All child abuse and/or neglect referrals for the state are now processed through our Centralized Intake office in Magna, where staff are available 24/7 to take referrals. The new number for Centralized Intake is 1-855-323-3237. The fax number is 1-855-323-3238. You can also reach Intake by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. However, due to processing times for email referrals, there could be up to a week's turn-around time. If you feel this matter is more urgent, please call our hotline at 1-855-323-3237.
Some of our services are:
- Families and children may receive parent education, budgeting help, crisis intervention, sex abuse treatment, and mental health therapy.
- When possible (subject to appropriate background checks), children are placed in the care of relatives.
- Adoption services are available for children who cannot be returned to their biological parents.
- Foster children who transition out of our care at 18 years of age may participate in the Transition to Adult Living program, which is designed to promote self-sufficiency.
- Domestic violence services-from counseling to shelters.
NEW BUSINESS HOURS
With the exception of our 24-hour Reporting Hotline, effective Tuesday, September 6, 2011, our agency hours will be Monday thru Friday, 8 AM - 5 PM.
David C. v. Huntsman
Utah's Foster Care Lawsuit Ends
Utah's child protection system successfully exited Federal Court supervision following a 14-year class action lawsuit. Click here for court order dismissing the lawsuit.
For more information about our ongoing efforts to improve the child welfare system in Utah, please visit our Transition from Court Oversight page.